Sunday, August 28, 2011

Yumbii Food Truck!



I've been going to the food trucks that congregate in the Virginia Highlands on Wednesday nights and they are all so good! I cannot wait to try more of them. There are usually trucks ranging from cupcakes to gelato to hot dogs to tamales to tacos, etc. Yumbii is Mexican/Korean/Southern fusion (crazy I know). Their tacos have a BBQ Korean kick of flavor and spice to them and are very good. I usually get the tofu or fish tacos which I highly recommend. All their tacos have lettuce, green onion, green cabbage tossed in soy sesame vinaigrette and onions, cilantro, lime, and jack cheese. I had a bite of a friend's Daeji gogi sliders- two spicy pork sliders with cucumber kimchee. I also have ordered the sesame fries, which were sooooooo tasty. I did some research and found out there is a restaurant version of this food truck called Hankook Taqueria (1341 Collier Road). Of course I immediately had to try it once I learned of it's existence. I went on my lunch break during the week and it was PACKED. I guess I am a little behind in finding out this place exists, but since I have a minor obsession with fish tacos I am happy to now know about this restaurant since it has slightly longer and more consistent hours of operation than the Yumbii food truck.


Hankook Taqueria Hours of Operation:
Mondays: 11-4
Tuesdays through Saturdays: 11-9


Click here for Hankook Taqueria's website
Click here for Yumbii food truck's schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment